I’ve always been a big fan of cheap phones with powerful specifications and the new OnePlus X is a great example of that. While the specifications may not be the most powerful compared to the OnePlus 2, it’s still packing a lot of punch with a much lower price tag.
It’s important to note that since the relationship with Cyanogen has ended, the OnePlus X ships with software called Oxygen OS that is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Oxygen OS provides a near stock Android experience with a few extra features such as gestures and customisible quick settings. OnePlus founder Carl Pei has confirmed that a Marshmallow build will be released soon offering a load of new features and customisations.
- Android 5.1 (OxygenOS)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Quad-Core CPU @ 2.3Ghz
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB Storage (Supports MicroSD Card up to 128GB)
- 5″ IPS AMOLED Capactive 1920×1080 Screen w/ Gorilla Glass 3
- 3G: TD-SCDMA:1800-1920 /2010-2025MHz; WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100MHz
- 4G:TD-LTE: 2570-2620/1880-1920/2300-2400MHz; FDD-LTE:2100/1800/2600MHz
- 13MP Rear Camera, 8MP Front
- Dual Nano SIM, or one Nano Sim & one MicroSD Card, Dual Standby
- 2525mAh Battery
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, GLONASS, BEIDOU
Geekbuying have released a video showing the unboxing and their first impressions of the new OnePlus X. Based on my first impressions it looks shockingly good, so check it out for yourself below:
The OnePlus X is now in stock with Geekbuying for only $274.54 US using the coupon BXOPEMCU
So skip the invitations and grab it quickly before it sells out!